Fossil has always made great watches, but the company didn’t start getting into the smartwatch game until a few years ago. Initially starting with hybrid smartwatches, Fossil eventually transitioned to full-fledged smartwatches running Google’s Wear OS platform. In fact, Fossil is one of the only brands keeping Wear OS afloat in 2021. That’s why we’re rounding up the best Fossil smartwatches you can buy.
Why am I seeing non-Fossil smartwatches on this list?
Fossil Group, the Fossil brand’s parent company, actually owns popular accessory brands like Skagen and Misfit, and licenses products from brands including Puma, Emporio Armani, Diesel, Kate Spade, and Michael Kors. Many of these brands’ smartwatches share the same specs and receive updates at the same time, which is why we’re going to include these companies on our list in addition to other Fossil smartwatches.
- The Fossil Gen 5 is the best Fossil smartwatch you can buy.
- The Fossil Gen 5 LTE is the best Fossil smartwatch with LTE. It’s simply a Gen 5 smartwatch, with LTE.
- The Skagen Falster 3 is the best Skagen smartwatch available. It runs on Fossil Group’s Gen 5 platform, only this one was designed by Skagen.
- The Skagen Jorn Hybrid HR is the best hybrid smartwatch from Fossil Group. It has fantastic hardware and a wonderful e-ink display.
- The Fossil Hybrid HR is the best hybrid smartwatch from the Fossil brand. It’s nearly the same as the Skagen hybrid (above), only with different hardware.
- The Fossil Gen 5e is the best cheap Fossil smartwatch. It’s missing some features, but it can be found online for less than $200.
- The Michael Kors Lexington 2 and Bradshaw 2 are the best Michael Kors smartwatches you can buy. They’re built on the Gen 5 platform, meaning they have capable hardware.
- The Emporio Armani Smartwatch 3 is another fantastic Gen 5 smartwatch, only made by the fashion icons at Emporio Armani.
- The Diesel Fadelite is, in our opinion, the best looking Fossil Group smartwatch.
The best Fossil smartwatches
Editor’s note: We will update this list of the best Fossil smartwatches regularly as new devices launch.
Fossil Gen 5: The best Fossil smartwatch
If you’ve read my writing before, you can say it with me: The Fossil Gen 5 is the best Fossil smartwatch you can buy. Period. It’s also one of the best Wear OS watches you can buy right now.
A sleek design, good performance, a beautiful display, and plenty of color options are all factors in the Fossil Gen 5 topping our list. It also has decent battery life thanks to Fossil’s custom battery modes, which have since made their way to all Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 3100-powered smartwatches in Fossil Group’s lineup.
Be sure to check Amazon for price drops. The watch’s price is normally $295, but it’s regularly on sale for under $200.
- Crisp, bright display
- Plenty of great watch faces preinstalled
- Useful custom battery modes
- GPS, NFC, and heart rate sensor
- Accurate fitness tracking
- Built-in speaker is very useful
- So-so battery life
- Can be expensive when not on sale
Check out our full review to learn more about the Fossil Gen 5.
Looking for a Fossil smartwatch with cellular connectivity? The Fossil Gen 5 LTE is the smartwatch you’re looking for. It’s essentially the same exact watch as the Gen 5 Carlyle (above), only you can activate it on Verizon’s network to receive calls and texts on your wrist without a nearby phone.
There are some limitations. It’s only available in the US, can only be activated on Verizon’s network, and is only compatible with Android phones.