Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip series update hub! Here you’ll find all the latest information on software updates for the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip and Galaxy Z Flip 5G. We’ll tell you what the current software versions are for each device and also give you a heads up when new updates are rolling out.
- Current stable version: Android 11
- When will the Galaxy Z Flip get Android 12? December/January 2021 (estimated)
Latest Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Update
August 31, 2021: Samsung is squeezing in another update for the Galaxy Z Flip just before September rolls in. The update, bearing firmware number F700FXXU8EUH5, brings with it the anticipated One UI 3.1.1 update. The new UI revision includes the Flex Mode Panel (which forces apps to adjust to fit folded screens) and Drag and Split support (which effectively splits folded displays into two screens). The September 2021 Android security patch is also lumped in with the update.
Per SamMobile, the update is landing on European models right now, so expect the patch to arrive in more markets in the coming days. You can manually check for the update by tapping Settings > Software update.
Previous Samsung Galaxy Z Flip updates
- August 5, 2021: An update brought the August security update and little else to Samsung’s flip phone.
- May 28, 2021: A patch bringing the June security update rolled out in late May. Per SamMobile, the update packed firmware version F707BXXS3DUE1.
- April 15, 2021: The 4G model started to receive an update with the April security patch halfway through the month. The update also arrived on 5G variants later in April.
- February 17, 2021: A big update occurred when Samsung announced the availability of One UI 3.1 for the Galaxy Z Flip (and a host of other phones). It brings an improved Single Take mode, object eraser tool, multi-mic recording, and more.
- December 2020: Both the Galaxy Z Flip 4G and 5G models received the One UI 3.0 update at the end of last year. The Android 11-based update delivered the usual Android 11 additions as well as most of the expected Samsung features ad tweaks. It also brought the December 2020 security patch.
- August 22, 2020: The One UI 2.5 update rolled out to the Galaxy Z Flip 4G. This brought quite a few video recording options, the ability to request a Wi-Fi password from a contact, and a couple of other tweaks. We also got the August 2020 security update.
- February 15, 2020: Exactly a week into its launch, the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4G received its first software update. According to SamMobile, the Galaxy Z Flip 4G software update brought the Single Take mode to the camera. The feature was supposed to be available on the phone out of the box, but it seems like Samsung was in a rush to get the phone out of the door. The update also brought the February 2020 security patch.
Let us know which Galaxy Z Flip update you’re rocking in the comments. Also, feel free to tip us if you’ve spotted a recent update we’ve missed!