Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 update hub. Here you’ll find the latest information on updates to Samsung’s flagship foldable phone. We’ll detail the current software versions for the device and alert you if there’s a new update rolling out. Samsung usually pushes out One UI updates regularly, but availability may be affected by variant, carrier, and region.
- Current stable version: Android 11
- When will the OnePlus Nord get Android 12? 2022 (Estimated)
Latest Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 updates
June 18, 2021: The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 is now gaining its latest update in the US. According to SamMobile, the Sprint version of the device is the first to see the update. It brings firmware version F916USQS1DUE3 and packs the June 2021 Android security patch. Also included are several security patches.
It’s unclear when other regions and other carriers in the US will receive the update. To check if an update is available, head to Settings > Software updates on your device.
Previous Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 updates
- May 4, 2021: Samsung delivered the May 2021 security patch for the Galaxy Z Fold 2, according to All About Samsung. The update wore build number F916BXXU1DUDA and brought a Dual Recording to the front and rear cameras, improved Quick Share, and improved camera performance.
- March 15, 2021: The foldable received the March 2021 Android security patch. Per SamMobile, the update (firmware version F9160ZCS1DUC1) first rolled out in China with several fixes.
- January 20, 2021: Verizon rolled out stable Android 11 to the Galaxy Z Fold 2. It arrived with the December 2020 security patch rather than the January 2021 patch, however.
- January 11, 2021: Samsung finally pushed out a stable version of the One UI 3.0 update to the Galaxy Z Fold 2. According to SamMobile, the Android 11-based update (version F916BXXU1CTLL) included the January 2021 security patch.
- December 3, 2020: A update with firmware version F916BXXS1BTK1 delivered the December 2020 security patch to the foldable.