If you’re in the market for a new laptop ahead of the holidays, one of the first decisions is which operating system you prefer. If you prefer Windows, there are plenty of manufacturers to choose from. However, if you prefer macOS, you’re pretty settled on Apple. We’ve gone ahead and put together some of the best holiday MacBook deals we could find to help you reach a decision.
See also: Best laptop deals
A MacBook makes for a great work from home option, especially if you invest in a few accessories as well. Just make sure you double-check the specs carefully to ensure that you’re grabbing the right device.
Featured Deal: Save $200 on a 2020 13-inch MacBook Pro
You might have a notion that you’d have to sell an organ to afford a 2020 MacBook Pro, and it’s true that they’re never going to fall into the budget category of laptops due to the Apple name and premium features. But there are some big holiday savings to be had right now, such as nabbing a 13-inch MacBook Pro for $1,099 ($200 off) from B&H.
This is the base variant of the mid-2020 model of MacBook Pro, offering a 1.4GHz 8th-gen Intel Core i5 processor and 8GB of RAM. You also get a 256GB SSD for your files, and the latest Apple features such as Magic Keyboard and retina display. Hit the link below to check it out.
This is one of several last-minute deals on 13-inch MacBook Pros from B&H, although there are also holiday savings on many other variants from the retailer. You can check out the whole range here, or scroll on to find the best picks from that sale alongside other online deals.
Best MacBook deals
Editors note: These deals are subject to change at a moment’s notice, so we’ll be sure to keep this page updated regularly.
MacBook Air deals
If you want the lightest and thinnest laptop in the MacBook lineup, the Air is the way to go. The MacBook Air has also recently been refreshed for 2020 with the latest Intel Core processors and the Magic Keyboard. The Magic Keyboard replaces the much-maligned butterfly mechanism with familiar scissor switches from older MacBook offerings.
The MacBook Air is a solid choice for most daily tasks and it has the battery life to keep you going. Here are the best MacBook Air deals we could find:
- MacBook Air with Retina Display (early 2020, i3 processor, 256GB) for $849 ($150 off)
- MacBook Air with Retina Display (early 2020, i5 processor, 256GB) for $899 ($200 off)
- MacBook Air with Retina Display (mid-2019, i5 processor, 512GB) for $1,149 ($550 off)
- MacBook Air with Retina Display (early 2020, i5 processor, 512GB) for $1,349 ($150 off)
12-inch MacBook deals
If you wanted the absolute smallest MacBook on the market, your best bet for a few years was the 12-inch MacBook. Designed to replace the MacBook Air, the slim little device shipped with an Intel Core m3 processor onboard and an edge-to-edge butterfly keyboard. The MacBook was one of the first laptops to jump on the port-stripping bandwagon, rocking just one USB-C port.
It comes with a Retina display and up to 10 hours of battery life, both of which are pretty impressive for the small machine. The 12-inch MacBook was discontinued in 2019, but here’s there are a few deals still available:
- 12-inch Apple MacBook (Core i5 processor, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD) for $1,311 ($288 off)
- 12-inch Apple Macbook (Core M3, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, renewed) for $635.69 (364 off)
13-inch MacBook Pro deals
The 13-inch MacBook Pro is the entry point to Apple’s Pro series. It still has the old butterfly keyboard and an eighth-generation Intel Core processor, which is still pretty rapid. The 13-inch MacBook Pro is probably the next laptop Apple will refresh, but you can save a bit of money in the meantime.
If you want a laptop with a bit more processing power and a few more ports than the MacBook Air, the MacBook Pro is the way to go. Here are some options with different specs to check out:
- Late 2020 MacBook Pro (Apple M1 8-Core processor, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD) for $1,199 ($100 off)
- Mid-2020 MacBook Pro (1.4 GHz Core i5, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD) for $1,299 ($200 off)
- Mid-2020 MacBook Pro (2.0 GHz Core i5, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD) for $1,799 ($200 off)
- Mid-2019 MacBook Pro with Touch Bar (1.4 GHz Core i5, 16GB TAM, 512GB SSD) for $1,799 ($400 off)
16-inch MacBook Pro deals
If you want the absolute top-of-the-line and you have the budget to handle it, the new 16-inch MacBook Pro is hard to top. It was the first to offer the new Magic Keyboard, AMD Radeon Pro 5000M graphics, and up to 8TB of storage. The 16-inch MacBook Pro also features six speakers for your most ambitious creative projects.
The 16-inch MacBook Pro is the model to beat. Here are a few of the deals available now, see if they fit your needs:
- 9th-generation Intel Core i7 MacBook Pro for $2,099 ($300 off)
- 9th-generation Intel Core i9 MacBook Pro for $2,399 ($400 off)