Laptops offer plenty of portability, but it can be difficult to work on as little as 13.3 inches of screen for hours on end. That’s where a big, bright monitor becomes a must-have for your home office. I recently added an extra monitor to my laptop setup and it’s a game-changer. We’ve gone ahead and put together some of the best monitor deals we could find to help you out.
See also: The best monitors for work and play
We’ve split the best monitor deals into four sections: Standard monitors, gaming monitors, ultrawide monitors, and portable monitors. All of these different types of monitors have their own distinctive features, so we’re splitting them up so you can find what you want faster.
Featured deal: $70 off the Samsung 43-inch M7 4K UHD smart monitor
You’ll find deeper discounts on a wide variety of monitors below, but these savings caught our eye. The new generation of Samsung monitors is now available, and you can pick up the 43-inch M7 UHD smart monitor for $529.99 ($70 off) right now. That’s the lowest price the 2021 model has been since its launch.
So what’s so smart about it? Well, for one, you can get your binge-watching on that little bit easier. The monitor doesn’t need to be plugged into a desktop or laptop to offer streaming services, so in that sense, it’s something of a monitor/TV hybrid. You can enjoy your favorite Netflix or Youtube shows without powering on your PC, or project to the monitor via mobile connectivity.
Related: A buyer’s guide to 1080p vs 4K
A remote control, built-in speakers, and UHD resolution only add to the independence and utility of the M7 monitor. Samsung TV Plus, AirPlay 2, and more features are included when you buy, and it’s all controllable through your voice assistant of choice.
Hit the widget below to check out the deal while you can. You’ll find many more options to suit all budgets below.
Best monitor deals
All of these deals were live at the time of writing but we’ll do our best to keep the list updated as we find new savings.
If you’re looking for a standard monitor then affordability and display size will most likely be your top priority. You might want to consider a 24-inch model as a minimum, although if you’re shifting up to 27 inches or more you should take a few basic measurements to ensure you have the desk space.
See also: How to set up your home office
Size isn’t everything, and the better monitors will offer high resolution such as Full HD or 4K, wide viewing angles, and a rich color range. Aesthetically you may also be keen on a screen with very thin bezels, and don’t forget to ensure your choice has the requisite ports for your work or entertainment needs. Although there’s no one-size-fits-all for monitors, you can definitely pick up some great options.
Here are some of the best standard monitor deals around right now.
- Dell UltraSharp 24-inch Monitor for $300 ($100 off)
- Dell 27-inch Monitor for $300 ($100 off)
- Dell 32-inch Curved 4K UHD Monitor for $450 ($150 off)
- HP 21.5-inch IPS LED Full HD Monitor for $100 ($45 off)
- HP V28 4K Monitor for $300 ($80 off)
- Samsung 390 Series 24-inch LED Curved FHD Monitor for $150 ($30 off)
- Samsung 27-Inch T70 WQHD Monitor for $270 ($30 off)
Gaming monitors are more specialized than standard models and usually come with higher price tags. If you’re a casual gamer then a good standard monitor will suffice for everything, but the more committed players with sufficient budgets can look to splash out a bit more on these gaming monitor deals.
See also: Refresh rate explained
The criteria for a good gaming monitor should at least include a high resolution, high refresh rates, and low response times. These factors ensure the smoothest and most immersive sessions while giving you the competitive edge over your opponents. Typically you should be looking for at least a 120Hz refresh rate for gaming, and a response time of 5ms or lower is about right but a 1ms response time is ideal.
- Dell 27-inch Gaming Monitor for $440 ($150 off)
- Dell 25-inch Gaming Monitor $320 ($110 off)
- Dell 32-inch Curved Gaming Monitor for $415 ($200 off)
- Lenovo Legion 27-inch QHD Gaming Monitor for $400 ($300 off)
- Acer Nitro 27-inch Curved Full HD Zero-Frame Gaming Monitor for $267 ($63 off)
- Razer Raptor 27-Inch Gaming Monitor for $620 ($80 off)
- LG 27-inch Ultragear QHD IPS Gaming Monitor for $297 ($103 off)
- LG 27-inch Ultragear QHD Nano Gaming Monitor for $397 ($103)
- Alienware 25 Gaming Monitor for $390 ($135 off)
- Alienware 27 Gaming Monitor for $420 ($140 off)
- Alienware 55-inch OLED Gaming Monitor for $3,035 ($1,015 off)
Sometimes you really need the extra screen space, especially when you’re watching a movie or trying to fit multiple windows on one display for multitasking. That’s where ultrawide monitors really shine and show why so many people love them. They often have a 21:9 aspect ratio and despite the larger display and unique aspect ratio, they tend to maintain a high-quality resolution viewing experience.
Check out: The state of curved TVs in 2021
If you’re someone who likes using the split-screen option or just likes having a wide viewing experience, then the immersive ultrawide display is the right match for you. The extra screen space will cost you more, but you can still find some more affordable options here and there.
- Phillips 34-inch FHD Ultrawide Monitor for $320 ($20 off)
- MSI Optix QHD Ultrawide Monitor for $400 ($80 off)
- Samsung 34-inch QLED Ultrawide Gaming Monitor for $630 ($270 off)
- LG Geek Squad Certified Refurbished 27-inch UltraGear QHD Nano IPS Monitor for $360 ($90 off)
Although laptops do cover most of your portable display needs, having a portable monitor can come in handy. If you want to extend the screen size of your laptop while you’re on the go or if want to even want to connect your smartphone to the display, then a portable monitor could be a game-changer.
See more: The best portable monitors
Portable monitors do add a lot of versatility and might be that one addition that takes your workspace to the next level of flexibility. Check out some of the best portable monitor deals here down below.
- AOC 15.6-inch FHD Portable Monitor for $134 ($45 off)
- Lepow 15.6-inch Full HD Portable Monitor for $190 ($60 off)
- KYY 15.6-inch FHD Portable Laptop Monitor for $160 ($40 off)
- Lasitu 15.6-Inch Full HD Portable USB-C Monitor for $140 ($60 off)
Those are our picks for the best monitor deals you can get right now. Whether you’re working or gaming, these options should give your PC a boost!